Skip to main content

Laundry time

I had heard of wool dryer balls years ago, but never tried them until my mom gave me some two weeks ago. Even
then I wasn't sure how I'd like them, I pictured the sound of tennis balls banging around in the dryer making an awful lot of noise.
(Plus I don't enjoy staticky clothes, I don't like to fold them or wear them.) Being a gift, I thought I would give them a try and I was excited too. With 7 of us it's not hard to find laundry to do. So the first day I did 5 loads of laundry and was impressed!
The moment I turned on the dryer I was pleasantly surprised with how quiet they were and I had 5 balls in there....and, No static. But I had yet to do towels...the next day a big load of towels went through and when they came out of the dryer I heard a little static crackling, but when I folded them they were good. 


Over the last two weeks the only static I have noticed is right when I pull them out of the dryer with nylon fabric (does anything help with that?!) and my baby's fleece jammies, but when i went to fold them they were just like when I use dryer sheets. So as of now I'm sold! There's only 3 in the picture but my set came with 6 and I use all 6 for each load. I think the more you have the better they work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap Making Class

I'm taking students for a soap making class . 3 Students per class at $75.00 per student. I provide a note book of information and we make a 3lb. batch of soap (1lb. per person) I go over everything you need to make your own soap! Class time run 2 hours. If interested E-mail me at hydesoaps@gmail.com

Laundry Soap

Today was the first day at the market! It was good weather , and I did well for the first day. If you are in Logan, every Saturday at Merlin Olsen Park there is the Gardeners Market , come and enjoy! It's were I'll be every Saturday I sell 20% Shae butter soap, Shae helps to not dry your skin out as much as other soaps (only $2.50 for a 4oz bar). Also, Laundry soap. For Laundry soap: 3 C. Borax 2 C. Soda Wash 2 C. Baking Soda 2 C. Laundry bar grated up Mix all in a bucket, it does about 90 loads of laundry use 1/8 c. - 1/4 c. per load. The baking soda should help soften your water but if you want to add oxi clean, that should help if your clothes are dingy. I know there are a lot of different ways to make laundry soap (and you can use my bars in all of them) but this is what I use and like. Let me know how you like it! You can find all this stuff were they sell laundry detergent at the store, the soda wash I haven't found at Wal -Mart but you can find it at Smith'