Skip to main content

Cleaning Your Face Naturally

Cleaning your face with olive oil...I know right?, how can oil clean your face... 
 
It was a bout a year ago I came across this post about the oil cleaning method. I was doing research to find information on what would be a good face soap i could make. This was not at all what I was looking for and I thought oil really, but I'm one to try it all if just once, and I had olive oil so why not.
 
Here’s a direct quote from acne.org:
Oil dissolves oil. One of the most basic principals of chemistry is that “like dissolves like.” The best way to dissolve a non-polar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: other oils. By using the right oils, you can cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively, while replacing the dirty oil with beneficial ones extracted from natural botanicals, vegetables and fruit that heal, protect and nourish your skin. When done properly and consistently, the OCM can clear the skin from issues like oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, blackheads, whiteheads and other problems caused by mild to moderate acne–while leaving your skin healthy, balanced and properly moisturized.”

I liked the idea because it was so simple. And if it worked well that's one more thing I could cross of the list of things to buy.


So what I first started out doing was half and half caster oil and olive oil. But as time went on I'm just using olive oil now. (that's what works best for me.)  I don't use any thing else on my face after I shower I'll rub some on (olive oil), they take a hot wet towel and gently rub it of. I don't really need face lotion any more either which is great! It wipes off all my make up with out having to scrub hard at my skin. For dryer skin use more olive oil for oilier skin try more caster oil...it's that simple! 

Well it's been over a year now and I still love it! I went through a pregnancy using it, and it keep my skin clearer than any of my other pregnancy's. I'm 30 now, I have less black heads I hardly ever have break outs and my over all complexion is better than ever. Our skin soaks up everything we put on it....including the toxic chemicals in our lotions and make up, might as well give this a try if you like it as much as I do you can toss your other stuff out the window!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap Making Class

I'm taking students for a soap making class . 3 Students per class at $75.00 per student. I provide a note book of information and we make a 3lb. batch of soap (1lb. per person) I go over everything you need to make your own soap! Class time run 2 hours. If interested E-mail me at hydesoaps@gmail.com

Laundry Soap

Today was the first day at the market! It was good weather , and I did well for the first day. If you are in Logan, every Saturday at Merlin Olsen Park there is the Gardeners Market , come and enjoy! It's were I'll be every Saturday I sell 20% Shae butter soap, Shae helps to not dry your skin out as much as other soaps (only $2.50 for a 4oz bar). Also, Laundry soap. For Laundry soap: 3 C. Borax 2 C. Soda Wash 2 C. Baking Soda 2 C. Laundry bar grated up Mix all in a bucket, it does about 90 loads of laundry use 1/8 c. - 1/4 c. per load. The baking soda should help soften your water but if you want to add oxi clean, that should help if your clothes are dingy. I know there are a lot of different ways to make laundry soap (and you can use my bars in all of them) but this is what I use and like. Let me know how you like it! You can find all this stuff were they sell laundry detergent at the store, the soda wash I haven't found at Wal -Mart but you can find it at Smith'