Skip to main content

Shampoo-less "no poo" for me

So I've tryed going with out shampoo before...and it was bad. Very greasy hair just not working, but for the past year or so I've come across different articles with people saying how it's wonderful and they are never going to use shampoo again. I thought I must be missing something, and when I came across this article  http://simplemom.net/how-to-clean-your-hair-without-shampoo/ I thought okay I'll give it one more try. It hasn't been long but from the start I'm impressed. I got out of the shower the first time and I thought, every thing feels the same, AND that's what I had been looking for. I don't wash my hair everyday so I was concerned that it would feel oily the next day, but it didn't.
So if your like me and want to give it a try.......or another try do it!

1 Tablespoon backing soda
1 C. Water
Mix in a bottle



For a conditioner to help with the PH balance

1 Tablespoon natural vinegar
1C. Water
Mix in a bottle

So I've tired the whole vinegar thing before....and my hair smelled like vinegar so bad I had to re-wash it with regular conditioner. WELL if you delude it and rinse it really well there is no vinegar smell after....I promise!

Try it and let me know how it works for you!

I'm excited to keep trying this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap Making Class

I'm taking students for a soap making class . 3 Students per class at $75.00 per student. I provide a note book of information and we make a 3lb. batch of soap (1lb. per person) I go over everything you need to make your own soap! Class time run 2 hours. If interested E-mail me at hydesoaps@gmail.com

Laundry Soap

Today was the first day at the market! It was good weather , and I did well for the first day. If you are in Logan, every Saturday at Merlin Olsen Park there is the Gardeners Market , come and enjoy! It's were I'll be every Saturday I sell 20% Shae butter soap, Shae helps to not dry your skin out as much as other soaps (only $2.50 for a 4oz bar). Also, Laundry soap. For Laundry soap: 3 C. Borax 2 C. Soda Wash 2 C. Baking Soda 2 C. Laundry bar grated up Mix all in a bucket, it does about 90 loads of laundry use 1/8 c. - 1/4 c. per load. The baking soda should help soften your water but if you want to add oxi clean, that should help if your clothes are dingy. I know there are a lot of different ways to make laundry soap (and you can use my bars in all of them) but this is what I use and like. Let me know how you like it! You can find all this stuff were they sell laundry detergent at the store, the soda wash I haven't found at Wal -Mart but you can find it at Smith'