Skip to main content

Tolite Cleaner

Update:I've been using this recipe to clean my toilets and it works well. Make sure you have a good brush to get under the rim.

 I've been trying to find ways to clean the house with using little to no chemicals. This morning I finally got around to cleaning the toilets, and I had just run out of some store bought stuff.... Great time to try something new. I have a few recipes I've come across, but I like this one because it has baking soda and vinegar....and that just sounded like fun. So 1/2 cup each baking soda and vinegar, and then I added a few drops of tea tree oil to help disinfect. Dump it all in the bowl get a good brush scrub and flush....I let mine sit after I scrub it till some one needs to use it, I like to give the essential oils a chance to do it's "magic".  Let me know if there's a natural way you clean your house I'd love to try it!

1/2 Cup Vinegar
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
A few drops Tea Tree essential oil (or any you like).

The tea tree oil will disinfect.

Mix in the toilet and scrub clean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap Making Class

I'm taking students for a soap making class . 3 Students per class at $75.00 per student. I provide a note book of information and we make a 3lb. batch of soap (1lb. per person) I go over everything you need to make your own soap! Class time run 2 hours. If interested E-mail me at hydesoaps@gmail.com

Laundry Soap

Today was the first day at the market! It was good weather , and I did well for the first day. If you are in Logan, every Saturday at Merlin Olsen Park there is the Gardeners Market , come and enjoy! It's were I'll be every Saturday I sell 20% Shae butter soap, Shae helps to not dry your skin out as much as other soaps (only $2.50 for a 4oz bar). Also, Laundry soap. For Laundry soap: 3 C. Borax 2 C. Soda Wash 2 C. Baking Soda 2 C. Laundry bar grated up Mix all in a bucket, it does about 90 loads of laundry use 1/8 c. - 1/4 c. per load. The baking soda should help soften your water but if you want to add oxi clean, that should help if your clothes are dingy. I know there are a lot of different ways to make laundry soap (and you can use my bars in all of them) but this is what I use and like. Let me know how you like it! You can find all this stuff were they sell laundry detergent at the store, the soda wash I haven't found at Wal -Mart but you can find it at Smith'